Monday, February 20, 2012

2.20.12: No Knead Bread


A perennial favorite, this comes courtesy of my food guru Mark Bittman in a 2006 post from his Minimalist blog.  For me, this contains all the hallmarks of a worthy procrastination device:  1. a substantial, but not overly demanding time commitment   2.  some light physical labor while not requiring any complex skills whatsoever   3. head-turning results.  When I'm feeling insecure about a play or an article that just doesn't seem to want to come together, it is important for me to generate something that will make a few jaws drop.  Some people may balk at the preparation time--in lieu of kneading, dough has to rise about 20 hours--but the wizard-like sense of accomplishment you get when pulling it out of the oven is totally worth it.  You think, if I can create this marvel in a mere amount of hours, surely tackling the second act of my play PERSEPHONE shouldn't be such a trial.  

No comments:

Post a Comment